240°C operating temperature and 52 bar(g) operating pressure
965 tonnes fabricated weight
5.95 m outside diameter and 50 m in length
Treatment capacity of refractory gold concentrate will double
- Polymetal International Inc. is undertaking the Amursk POX Hub Expansion to recover gold from double-refractory (high carbon) sulphide concentrate from five of their mines in Siberia, Eastern Russia, and East Kazakhstan.
- The project will double Polymetal’s concentrate treatment capacity to 250,000-300,000 t/a of refractory gold concentrate.
- The centralized hub processing concept is unique, with concentrate from multiple mines being shipped to a central hydrometallurgical processing plant.
- This is a technically challenging autoclave vessel constructed of high-strength carbon steel, with an explosion-bonded, titanium-clad (EXW Ti-clad) lining.
- The vessel is 5.75 m inside diameter and 50 m in length, with a fabricated weight of 965 tonnes. It took 32 months for material order, fabrication and testing to be completed.
- The autoclave vessel chemically oxidizes minerals such as pyrite and arsenopyrite, to liberate and recover sub-micron, solution-phase gold contained within the sulphide matrix. In six hours, the autoclave does what takes several hundreds of thousands of years to occur naturally in the earth.
- Polymetal engaged Hatch to provide engineering and procurement services for the POX facility, utilities, off-gas treatment, heat recovery, and slurry conditioning areas.
- Hatch are also supplying custom-designed process equipment for the facility, including flash vessels, gas cyclone, refractory linings, pressure letdown valves, vent gas condensers, dip pipes, and oxygen spargers.
- Our scope of work includes basic and detailed engineering, procurement, quality management, project management, scheduling and project controls.
- With an operating temperature of 240°C and 52 bar(g) operating pressure, the autoclave vessel is the heart of a new POX facility for treatment of double-refractory (high carbon) sulphide concentrates.
- It was custom designed for extremely aggressive process conditions, including high temperature, high acidity, and elevated levels of chlorides and fluorides.
- The design pressure is 50% higher than other POX autoclaves currently in operation.
- This is the largest pressure oxidation autoclave vessel built to date in terms of overall size, volume, and weight. Read about the vessel's journey from Belgium to Russia, here.
- Max. Operating Pressure: 52 bar(g)
- Max. Operating Temperature: 240°C
- Dimensions: 5.75 m ID X 50 m OAL
- Operating Volume: 1095 m3
- Shipping Weight: 965 t
Materials of construction:
- EN10028-2 P355GH carbon steel
- SB-265 Ti Gr 17 EXW cladding
- SB-265 Ti Gr 12 internals
How we can help you