25-30 projects undertaken annually
Signals and communications design and Positive Train Control
Challenging geotechnical conditions including swamps, wetlands, and marsh land
Coordination and cooperation with First Nations communities
- Much of the work takes place in remote locations with difficult site access.
- Sensitive environmental areas require coordination with regulatory agencies.
- Moving cargo safely and expeditiously within a fixed timetable, while limiting disruption to existing services and operations.
Hatch's services have included conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs, as well as project and construction management along with rail design, signals and communications, tunneling, tunnel ventilation, civil and geotech, intermodal facilities, bridges and structures, and port facilities.
Our team has developed tender packages, prepared bid evaluations, and administered construction contracts.
Ongoing work includes site reconnaissance, detailed topographic surveys, geotechnical investigations, review of impacts to the environment, development of conceptual plans, and cost estimates.
- Remote locations with difficult site access require detailed logistics plans, including site access for contractors and equipment, coordination of material delivery, and planning with railway operations to minimize impacts to safety and service.
- A second, separate master services agreement was struck to undertake signal and communications work.
- Multidisciplined design teams need capable management to complete projects on simultaneous timelines.
- Cargo must be moved safely and expeditiously within a fixed timetable, while limiting disruption to existing services and operations. This requires:
- Heavy track safety and signal safety;
- Understanding of rail restrictions;
- Provisions to address weather impacts;
- Ensuring construction staging minimizes disruptions to existing personnel and services.
Project NumbersProject cost of $1 - $5 million per assignment
25-30 projects per year
How we can help you