1,350,000 t of CO2
emissions reduced compared to a subcritical boiler
bar steam pressure
- The design must accommodate a diverse range of coal from various sources around the world.
- The project must be designed to local Turkish and international standards with stringent European Union emission standards.
- The project is being designed by a Chinese Design Institute and constructed by local Turkish companies.
- Global sourcing of equipment to optimize the CAPEX .
- Hatch was involved as owner’s engineer since the initial development phase to oversee design of this new ultra-supercritical coal-fired power plant on the coast of the Marmara Sea.
- The project team includes thermal power engineers to oversee the design who are familiar with Chinese design practices for coal-fired power plants and who understand Chinese standards (GB code) to bridge any gaps to applicable international standards.
- Participated in the technical bid evaluation for the major equipment of the plant to select the best technology that met the technical requirements and achieved the best life-cycle costs for the client.
- Specialist team for environmental technologies deployed to the project to assess various technology offerings to comply with the strict EU emission standards in an economical manner.
- The ultra-supercritical steam generation process operates above supercritical pressures and at advanced steam temperatures to improve plant efficiency compared to conventional coal-fired power stations, thereby reducing feedstock costs and carbon emissions.
- State-of-the art emission control technologies to meet strict EU emission standards.
- The plant utilizes the coastal location for seawater cooling.
What's your challenge?
SunCoke South Shore Project
Al Taweelah Alumina power and steam integration
United Arab Emirates