1,350,000 t of CO2
emissions reduced compared to a subcritical boiler
bar steam pressure
- The design must accommodate a diverse range of coal from various sources around the world.
- The project must be designed to local Turkish and international standards with stringent European Union emission standards.
- The project is being designed by a Chinese Design Institute and constructed by local Turkish companies.
- Global sourcing of equipment to optimize the CAPEX .
- Hatch was involved as owner’s engineer since the initial development phase to oversee design of this new ultra-supercritical coal-fired power plant on the coast of the Marmara Sea.
- The project team includes thermal power engineers to oversee the design who are familiar with Chinese design practices for coal-fired power plants and who understand Chinese standards (GB code) to bridge any gaps to applicable international standards.
- Participated in the technical bid evaluation for the major equipment of the plant to select the best technology that met the technical requirements and achieved the best life-cycle costs for the client.
- Specialist team for environmental technologies deployed to the project to assess various technology offerings to comply with the strict EU emission standards in an economical manner.
- The ultra-supercritical steam generation process operates above supercritical pressures and at advanced steam temperatures to improve plant efficiency compared to conventional coal-fired power stations, thereby reducing feedstock costs and carbon emissions.
- State-of-the art emission control technologies to meet strict EU emission standards.
- The plant utilizes the coastal location for seawater cooling.
What's your challenge?
Rosslyn Brewery Cogeneration Plant
SunCoke South Shore Project
Al Taweelah Alumina power and steam integration
United Arab Emirates
Al Taweelah alumina refinery
United Arab Emirates (UAE)