- Receive liquid sulfur from existing Habshan gas plants via skin-effect electrical tracing (SEET) pipelines.
- The liquid sulfur was to be granulated at the facility, stockpiled, and ultimately transported via rail to a new sulfhur handling terminal at Ruwais.
- Develop the right, unique measures for handling the friable sulfur granules and mitigating concerns about fire hazards.Build the largest integrated gas-to-liquids refinery in the world.
- Hatch's mandate covered the upstream liquid-sulfur delivery pipeline and the downstream bulk-material-handling facility. We provided detailed engineering and procurement support services.
- Included two stacker-reclaimers in the bulk-material-handling system that were integrated within a conveyor network that then connected to a railcar-loading facility.
- The materials-handling system used many automation strategies to ensure the designed "hot-spare" redundancy provisions were effective.
- A custom stockpile-management philosophy was developed to eliminate shelf-life issues for sulfur kept in storage.
- With 12 granulators and an extensive network of sulfhur pipelines, this is one of the largest sulfhur granulation installations in the world.