commercial plant project
for niobium, REE, and uranium recovery
- ERAMET is developing a new process to recover niobium, rare earth elements, and uranium from a deposit in Gabon owned by Maboumine.
- A prefeasibility study and a feasibility study were needed for a 1:200-scale demonstration pilot plant that will prove the chemistry and optimize the flow sheet before the commercial plant is constructed.
- Process modifications that dramatically improved the operating efficiency of the process were identified.
- The demonstration plant was designed to test the performance of the novel flow sheet on a small scale. Design criteria will be optimized and extracted prior to launching the large commercial plant project.
- Our experts helped plan and oversee test work to design the demonstration plant, facilitate technology selection, and determine appropriate materials for the plant's construction.
- The technical improvements that were suggested bolstered the project's economics, particularly around the leach circuits.
- The use of a modularized design for most of the demonstration plant was a key feature, motivated by the remoteness of the site and the size of the facility. Ultimately, it increased confidence in the schedule and the quality of the work during execution.
- Comprehensive infrastructure that supported the site was designed, including water supply, power generation, and a site camp.
“Thanks again for your contribution to our project ... I hope we will be able to work together again in the future.”
500m x 250m demonstration plant
1:200-scale demonstration pilot plant