- Finish engineering and construction work in a timely manner to eliminate any impact of project schedule.
- Unfinished and problematic scope needed to be identified to reduce field engineering changes and rework.
- Organize and incorporate approximately one terabyte of existing data or deliverables into the phase 2 plan, including 43,800 engineering and vendor deliverables from over 350 vendor packages from an earlier project phase.
- Through complete and detailed area walk-downs, site data was collected to assess the installation condition and status of each plant area.
- Collected site data was compiled and communicated using iPads and mobile data applications for “instant-office” connections with low dependency on IT infrastructure.
- Queryable 3D iModels were used in the field to determine unfinished or problematic scope, resulting in reduced field-engineering changes and rework.
- The engineering and integrated-project teams collaborated to reduce deliverable milestones by two months, meeting an aggressive project recovery schedule, and reducing cost.
- All major engineering milestones were met and the engineering project ran significantly under original budget.
- Installation of the 2015 contract packages was completed on schedule, with the remaining scope scheduled for completion in 2016.
- Process design modifications made during project execution permitted a phased approach to construction and subsequent interim operations.
- The engineering team modified design deliverables in a timely manner to eliminate any impact on the project schedule.
Project numbers43,800 engineering deliverables
350 vendor packages
What's your challenge?
Li-Cycle Rochester Hub
Rochester, New York, USA
Hatch-Glencore Technology Venture
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Voisey's Bay Mine Expansion
Onça Puma Furnace 1 Rebuild
Nickel Rim South