Stainless-steel, double-deck cars
AUD 1.3 billion project
- Sydney’s 166-year-old train network is struggling to keep up with surging demand
- Sydney’s population is over 5 million and, according to a report, an additional 1.4 million people are forecast to arrive in the city by 2031
- Hatch LTK oversaw CRRC Changchun Railway Vehicles Co., Ltd., which manufactured the double-deck Waratah Series 2 electric multiple unit trains in China.
- Hatch LTK’s team included quality engineers on-site at the manufacturing facility in Changchun, who were responsible for monitoring vehicle production and undertook quality assurance.
- Hatch LTK provided subject matter expertise in systems engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, quality assurance and quality control, safety and security, propulsion and brakes, and signaling and train control.
- Priority seating, including 16 wheelchair spaces per car
- Hearing aid loops
- Air conditioning with advanced temperature control
- Passenger counting system
- High-definition information screens
- Internal and external closed-circuit TV
How we can help you
If you have a problem that needs to be solved, please get in touch.
The socioeconomic impact of the Gautrain study
Three Chain Road project
Sound Transit Advisory