Stainless-steel, double-deck cars
AUD 1.3 billion project
- Sydney’s 166-year-old train network is struggling to keep up with surging demand
- Sydney’s population is over 5 million and, according to a report, an additional 1.4 million people are forecast to arrive in the city by 2031
- Hatch LTK oversaw CRRC Changchun Railway Vehicles Co., Ltd., which manufactured the double-deck Waratah Series 2 electric multiple unit trains in China.
- Hatch LTK’s team included quality engineers on-site at the manufacturing facility in Changchun, who were responsible for monitoring vehicle production and undertook quality assurance.
- Hatch LTK provided subject matter expertise in systems engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, quality assurance and quality control, safety and security, propulsion and brakes, and signaling and train control.
- Priority seating, including 16 wheelchair spaces per car
- Hearing aid loops
- Air conditioning with advanced temperature control
- Passenger counting system
- High-definition information screens
- Internal and external closed-circuit TV
- The Sydney rail network carries more than 1 million passengers each business day
- Sydney’s train network has 506 miles of track with 178 stations over eight lines
Technical Advisor for Electric Bus and Infrastructure Loans
York, Ontario, Canada
MaineDOT Bus Electrification Project
Boston Takes Charge of Zero-Emissions Opportunity
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Three Chain Road project
The socioeconomic impact of the Gautrain study