3.4 miles of
24-foot diameter tunnel
65 million gallons
- The Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District has embarked upon a comprehensive combined sewer overflow (CSO) program totaling approximately US$3.0 billion in projects.
- These will dramatically reduce the overflows from combined sewers in the District's entire service area.
- This project needs to reduce CSOs to both Euclid Creek and Lake Erie.
- Overall project management and project administration was provided by Hatch, the program's lead consultant.
- The design of the tunnel lining, shafts and adit-to-tunnel design, and tunnel ventilation design were all provided by our experts.
- Our other responsibilities included cost estimation, risk analysis, tunnel-boring machine (TBM)specifications, data, reports, drawings, and technical specifications for our designs.
- Coordination and phasing of the work was done to allow the site to be shared with developers of the future pump station, power substation, and tunnel project.
- Approximately 3.5 miles of 24-foot diameter tunnel 200 feet below grade in bedrock.
- Annular grouting through TBM tailshield in bedrock.
- 6,300 feet of near-surface consolidation sewers (microtunneling, open-shield TBM tunneling, hand mine and open-cut).
- 40-foot and 50-foot diameter finished-tunnel access and surge-suppression shafts.
- Three additional tunnel-access shafts and shaft-to-tunnel adits.
- Diversion structures, CSO connection structures, regulators, gate and gate control structures provided.
- Five Baffle-type drop structures used, one of which is 32 feet in diameter, the largest of its kind.
How we can help you
If you have a problem that needs to be solved, please get in touch.
Mount Royal Tunnel double arch replacement
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Minneapolis weathers the storm with a new parallel tunnel
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Kemano Second Tunnel (T2) Project
British Columbia, Canada
Water sampling at depth with drones
Burnhamthorpe Water Project
Al Taweelah Alumina power and steam integration
United Arab Emirates
uMshwathi Regional Bulk Water Supply Scheme Phase 2