The Xe-100 was selected to receive US$1.1B in funding from the U.S. Department of Energy for their advanced reactor demonstration program
First of its kind advanced Gen IV SMR technology licensed for commercial use in North America
Carbon free reliable energy source for power generation and industrial heat applications producing up to 80MWe / 200MWt
- The Xe-100 is an advanced Gen IV SMR design based on previous HTGR technology that will be the first of its kind licensed for commercial use in North America.
- This HTGR technology uses robust TRISO fuel pebbles which consists of enriched uranium particles at the core with an outer graphite containment.
- The Xe-100 uses helium to extract heat from the fuel pebbles undergoing fission.
- Walk-away safety is paramount to the design of the Xe-100 reactor. Inherent safety is being incorporated in every aspect of the plant design.
- Provided engineering services for the non-recurring engineering for the Xe-100 program within the electrical, mechanical system, power conversion, and building design.
- Provided preliminary engineering services for the helium test facility that is being constructed as part of the Xe-100 program. The helium test facility will test critical components to validate the design of critical components developed for the Xe-100 program.
- Hatch staff was integrated into the X-energy organization providing support at the top program levels for initiatives such as procurement, estimating, engineering tools setup, scheduling, and program controls.
- The Xe-100 is an advanced high temperature gas reactor that will play a key role in decarbonizing electricity and industrial heat.
- X-energy has designed the Xe-100 to be modularized and is more user-friendly and efficient than conventional nuclear reactors.
- The Xe-100 design allows for flexibility to be baseloaded or load-following, making it an ideal choice to provide reliable power to an electrical grid.
- High temperatures produced from the Xe-100 reactor along with its operating flexibility makes it an ideal solution for reliable and carbon-free heat for industrial applications.
How we can help you
Rochester, New York, USA
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
British Columbia, Canada
Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)