27.8 kilometres NPS 8 pipeline connection
LACT designed to initially transport 20,000 BPD and be readily expandable to 40,000 BPD
Design executed in a timely and efficient manner
- Plains and Vesta have executed an agreement to deliver Vesta light sweet crude production from the Joffre Duvernay Shale Oil Basin to the Plains Rangeland Pipeline System.
- In late 2017, the first connection was established in the southern expansion area. Subsequently in 2018, Hatch completed the second pipeline connection-SWX facilities and pipeline.
- Pipeline scope included the design of a new 27.8 kilometre pipeline connection that originates at the Sylvan Lake (Spry) Gas Plant (SLGP) and connects to the Plains Rangeland Sylvan Lake Pump Station (SLPS).
- The new NPS 8 pipeline connects the Vesta SLGP to the SLPS with a manual block valve riser site upstream of the Medicine River watercourse crossing and a manual block and check valve riser site downstream of the crossing.
- Facilities portion included the design of a new lease automated custody transfer (LACT) unit located at SLGP and the addition of pipeline integrity metering facilities to provide a tie-in to the NPS 12 mainline at SLPS.
- Team collaboration was critical to the success of the SWX pipeline.
- The survey company and Hatch cultivated a strong working partnership to develop basic alignment sheets, complete with the engineering and pipeline construction information.
- The high flow rate LACT developed for SWX was designed based on prefabricated modules. The utilization of these modules greatly reduced site installation time and cost.
What's your challenge?
Hardisty Operational Crude Tank
Hardisty, Alberta, Canada
Pump Station VFD Replacements
Grand Falls Dam and Spillway Rehabilitation
Grand Falls, Newfoundland, Canada
Rosslyn Brewery Cogeneration Plant
SunCoke South Shore Project
Al Taweelah Alumina power and steam integration
United Arab Emirates