Pre-conceptual design program
Designed to support business case development
Project executed in a compressed timeline
Hatch was tasked with the completion of pre-conceptual design activities for balance-of-plant systems to support the business case development for General Fusion's prototype system. Design activities were used to develop project estimates and schedules (engineering through construction and commissioning) for a number of different alternate configurations in support of clients' business case analysis for the prototype program.
- During the pre-conceptual design phase of the prototype development program, Hatch provided the design, estimating, and scheduling support.
- Overall space planning of the new prototype facility including architectural floor plans, renderings of proposed facility for visualization, and marketing purposes.
- The deliverable package included a set of budget estimates (Class V) and corresponding schedules for building construction and commissioning for the defined business alternatives, supported by a design basis report in support of the client gate review package.
- Project was completed on-time and on-budget and also included an interface with project controls personnel out of Hatch's Vancouver office.
- Project executed in a compressed timeline to support the gate review of the overall pre-conceptual design.
How we can help you
Hardisty, Alberta, Canada
Grand Falls, Newfoundland, Canada
United States of America