World's largest and greenest
GTL refinery when built
per day of diluted bitumen
among the lowest for any heavy crude refinery
estimated capital cost
- Build the largest integrated gas-to-liquids refinery in the world.
- Use state-of-the-art design to process Alberta bitumen (extra-heavy oil with 8–10 API gravity) with the lowest carbon emissions of any refinery in the world and remain economically viable.
- Refine products for export, including ultra-low sulfur diesel and superior gasoline that meets Euro-5 equivalent specifications.
- Completed a feasibility study, including design engineering and capital-and-operating cost estimates, to develop and technically validate a process configuration.
- Designed a refinery with zero coke and fuel-oil production, minimal water intake, and zero water disposal by integrating it with GTL technology.
- Novel technologies employed to minimize NOx, SOx, and CO2 emissions.
- CO2 emissions per barrel among the lowest for any refinery processing heavy crude.
What's your challenge?
York, Ontario, Canada
Rochester, New York, USA
Brazil & Colombia
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Hewitson Creek, Ontario
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Hardisty, Alberta, Canada
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Imperial Valley, California, USA
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
British Columbia, Canada
Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Grand Falls, Newfoundland, Canada
San Francisco, CA, USA