World's largest and greenest
GTL refinery when built
per day of diluted bitumen
among the lowest for any heavy crude refinery
estimated capital cost
- Build the largest integrated gas-to-liquids refinery in the world.
- Use state-of-the-art design to process Alberta bitumen (extra-heavy oil with 8–10 API gravity) with the lowest carbon emissions of any refinery in the world and remain economically viable.
- Refine products for export, including ultra-low sulfur diesel and superior gasoline that meets Euro-5 equivalent specifications.
- Completed a feasibility study, including design engineering and capital-and-operating cost estimates, to develop and technically validate a process configuration.
- Designed a refinery with zero coke and fuel-oil production, minimal water intake, and zero water disposal by integrating it with GTL technology.
- Novel technologies employed to minimize NOx, SOx, and CO2 emissions.
- CO2 emissions per barrel among the lowest for any refinery processing heavy crude.