Pipeline capacities up to 250,000 bbl/d
Six different pump stations and terminals
Maintained pipeline throughput during construction
- Each of the sites presented unique engineering challenges to achieve the design goals.
- Maintaining pipeline throughput during construction required extensive planning between Pembina’s project management, construction management, pipeline operations teams, the construction contractors, and Hatch.
- To meet the demanding in-service date, we approached the work with a “divide-and-conquer” philosophy.
- Hatch's project manager oversaw all aspects of the project and managed three project engineers, who were each assigned two to three sites.
- Hatch’s engineering team provided a quality design while meeting the aggressive project schedule and maintaining pipeline throughput during construction.
- This project was successfully completed on time and on budget.
What's your challenge?
Hardisty, Alberta, Canada
Grand Falls, Newfoundland, Canada