- Receive liquid sulfur from existing Habshan gas plants via skin-effect electrical tracing (SEET) pipelines.
- The liquid sulfur was to be granulated at the facility, stockpiled, and ultimately transported via rail to a new sulfhur handling terminal at Ruwais.
- Develop the right, unique measures for handling the friable sulfur granules and mitigating concerns about fire hazards.Build the largest integrated gas-to-liquids refinery in the world.
- Hatch's mandate covered the upstream liquid-sulfur delivery pipeline and the downstream bulk-material-handling facility. We provided detailed engineering and procurement support services.
- Included two stacker-reclaimers in the bulk-material-handling system that were integrated within a conveyor network that then connected to a railcar-loading facility.
- The materials-handling system used many automation strategies to ensure the designed "hot-spare" redundancy provisions were effective.
- A custom stockpile-management philosophy was developed to eliminate shelf-life issues for sulfur kept in storage.
- With 12 granulators and an extensive network of sulfhur pipelines, this is one of the largest sulfhur granulation installations in the world.
What's your challenge?
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Hewitson Creek, Ontario
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Hardisty, Alberta, Canada
Imperial Valley, California, USA
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
British Columbia, Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Grand Falls, Newfoundland, Canada
San Francisco, CA, USA