ahead of schedule
final cost under-run of budget estimate
- The project included the design and replacement of significant structural members, including the skip bridge and cold-blast main bridge.
- The hearth walls, which had not been replaced since 1995, the stack refractory, some cooling members, and a stove shell were also replaced.
- Various control systems had to be replaced, including the distributed control system, stove common programmable logic controller (PLC), and charging PLC.
- A significant change in scope in mid-FEL4 had to be accommodated. The change was incorporated without issue.
- We provided engineering, procurement, and construction management services, including purchasing services, construction and safety management, and warehousing and materials management.
- 3D-engineering modeling was used, included laser scanning of the existing plant areas.
- Engineering was completed on time.
- The project team had to adjust to a significant change in the scope in mid-FEL4, which was incorporated without issue.
- Construction was completed 2-½ days earlier than the planned 48-day outage, saving significant cost by avoided lost production.
“Well done from all areas of execution! Thanks for the continuous updates on the status throughout the outage.”
What's your challenge?
SunCoke South Shore Project
NKMZ 2500 mm Coilbox™
Anling 1700 mm Coilbox™
Clairton Improvement Project
US Steel Mon Valley Works FFF System