125,000 to 190,000 tpa
increase in copper production
10,000 to 20,000 tpa
increase in cobalt production
with limited transport access
- Extremely short project schedule to maximize the return on investment.
- Construction within an operating plant.
- Location presented challenges regarding the importation of equipment, materials, and skilled labor.
- Completed detailed engineering and procured equipment. Construction-support services, such as field engineering and cost/progress reporting, also provided.
- Major new process equipment and facilities employed or constructed, including: new high-grade pregnant leach-solution clarifier; four new solvent-extraction mixer-settlers; new electrowinning tankhouse; upgraded reagent processing and distribution system.
- Our experts worked with Freeport-McMoRan as an integrated team.