hours with 0 LTIs
in cost savings
- Expand the existing Tasiast gold mine to 38,000 tonnes per day(tpd) by constructing a new process facility, workforce accommodations, waterpipline, power station, water treatment, and distribution system.
- With heat, winds, and dust storms, delivering materials and equipment to the site needed special logistics.
- Examine a range of different processing technologies and plant capacities, considering trade-offs.
- Phase 1 included designing and constructing infrastructure to support existing operations and a potential expansion.
- Studies determined that a single new 38,000 tpd process plant would be optimal economically.
- We provided EPCM for accommodations for a 3,500-person workforce, a 60 km water-supply pipeline, water treatment facilities, power plant, and truck shop.
- Received the 2013 Kinross Safety Award
- The project team included a multinational construction labor-force from Mauritania and regional countries
- Savings of almost US$400 million realized during the feasibility study
What's your challenge?
Gold mine in Western Australia
DST Demonstration Plant
Meadowbank Gold Project
Ma’aden Bulgah Gold Project
Pueblo Viejo – Pressure Oxidation & Air Separation Project