copper concentrate bearing 6% arsenic
copper calcine bearing 0.3% arsenic
increase in output
(0.96% Cu) of resources
- Develop a 50,000 tpd copper concentrator while concurrently executing various large projects with limited qualified workforce availability.
- Provide solutions and coordinate interfaces between the new facilities and existing installations.
- Sustain the implementation schedule and budget.
- The plant's location, next to the city of Calama, was also a challenge.
- Developed the basic and detailed engineering, procurement, and site-support services for the greenfield conventional copper concentrator, the roaster peripheral facilities, and the plant-wide infrastructure.
- Codelco representatives worked in close collaboration with our team, reviewing the incorporation of design features to provide high plant-availability and operations-workforce productivity.
- Technical optimization of the exisiting concentrator plant resulted in improved availability and utilization.
- Controlled mining and abatement systems for crushing and ore-handling facilities reduced dust emissions affecting the nearby Calama population.
- We were awarded the sole-source contract given our strong implementation-phase team and previous successful delivery during basic engineering.
- Technical optimization of the concentrator plant has resulted in improved availability and utilization.
- The controlled mining-and-abatement systems for crushing and ore-handling facilities reduced dust emissions affecting the Calama population.
- Concentrator facility was delivered by Codelco on time and had a rapid start-up to full capacity.
”With this new operation we transition to more efficient and productive mining. Ministro Hales is our most productive asset, delivering 67 t of refined copper by person this first year of operation, 70% over the corporative value.”
What's your challenge?
Arizona, United States
Democratic Republic of Congo