First cable bridge in Ontario highway system
Increased, smoother, traffic flow
Expanded bridge capacity
Strengthened tourism and the economy of Northern Ontario
- Complete the work safely and thoroughly while meeting an accelerated construction schedule.
- Expand and upgrade this vital link for ground traffic, especially trade-related transport, between Western and Eastern Canada.
- Reconstruct the Highway 11 intersection and undertake miscellaneous works to ensure the maximum benefit can be derived from the new bridge.
- Provide construction contract administration for the duration of construction work.
- A critical link between Eastern and Western Canada on the Trans-Canada highway is being protected.
- To condense the construction schedule, the tower units are being precast and post-tensioned.
- Precast deck panels are being used.
- Environmental monitoring is being conducted to ensure the upstream brook-trout-spawning areas are not impacted.
What's your challenge?
Tugela River Pedestrian Bridge
Sandton Rea Vaya Bus Rapid Transit Bridge
Port Mann/Highway 1
Highway 404 Extension