Düsseldorf Exhibition Centre
Hatch is pleased to be exhibiting and presenting at the 10th International Metallurgical Trade Fair with Congresses (METEC) in Düsseldorf, Germany. Find us at booth #A22 in Hall 3 from June 25-29, 2019.
METEC is a top event for metallurgy, steel casting, and steel production; join us to see modern solutions, and future-oriented innovations and meet metallurgical professionals from around the world. More than 660 presentations will cover the dynamic changes occurring in all fields of iron and steel production, the latest technologies in iron and steel production, steel materials, and steel application.
Hatch will be represented by:
- Stuart Hardcastle is the session chair for "Rolling: Rod and bar rolling" at 5:00 p.m. CEST in Room 28.
- Hamid Ghorbani presents "Thermal cycling effects in blast furnace copper staves" at 11:40 a.m. CEST in Room 2.
- Jakob Janzen presents "Blast furnace leak detection" at 12:40 p.m. CEST in Room 2.
- Iakov Gordon presents "Technological parameters and blast furnace practice to achieve long blast furnace campaign " at 2:20 p.m. CEST in Room 2.
- Iakov Gordon presents "Optimization and production cost estimation for upstream of I & S Works" at 2:20 p.m. CEST in Room 1.
- David Rudge presents "Advancements in blast furnace cooling technology: redefining stave life" at 3:40 p.m. CEST in Room 2.
- Tom Plikas presents "Overcoming thermofluid challenges in purging air from a preheated continuous casting tundish using argon" at 9:00 a.m. CEST in Room 16.
- Kyle Chomyn presents "Fit-for-service assessment of aging ironmaking facilities"at 11:00 a.m. CEST in Room 1.
- Yasser Ghobara presents "Successful deployment of a tuyere leak soft-ensor at USS Blast Furnace No. 14" at 11:00 a.m. CEST in Room 2.
- Afshin Sadri presents "Historical data from long-term blast furnace refractory monitoring for campaign life extension using Acousto Ultrasonic-Echo" at 11:20 a.m. CEST in Room 1.
- Iakov Gordon presents "Wind rate control amongst blast furnace tuyeres" at 11:40 a.m. CEST in Room 2.
- Iakov Gordon presents "Blast furnaces campaign extension at JSW" at 12:00 p.m. CEST in Room 1.
- Iakov Gordon presents "Blast furnace heat balances usage to control heat losses" at 2:00 p.m. CEST in Room 2.
- Ian Cameron presents "Use of plasma torches to overcome temperature limits when adding DRI or HBI to blast furnaces" at 2:00 p.m. CEST in Room 21.
Join us in Hall 3 at Booth #A22!
Meet our experts…Representatives from our iron and steel and digital businesses will be available throughout the conference to talk about the latest innovations and technologies available to help you take your business to the next level. Explore how Hatch’s digital twin capabilities can help maximize your blast furnace’s overall performance and optimize production cost.
Learn about Blast Furnace 4.0 through an interactive demo at 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. CEST. Our team will be on hand to showcase how digitization can improve operating efficiency and optimize your production. Learn how to manage your blast furnace assets effectively with real-time monitoring and predictive maintenance programs.
Enter for a chance to win a copy of the soon-to-be-released book Blast Furnace Ironmaking: Analysis, Control, and Optimization by Hatch authors Ian Cameron, Mitren Sukhram and Kyle Lefebvre, with Professor William Davenport from the University of Arizona. The book uses a fundamental first principles approach to prepare a blast furnace mass and energy balance in Excel™ with robust descriptions and best practices. View one of our demos and enter for a chance to win!
For more information on this event, visit https://www.metec-tradefair.com/
Follow @HatchGlobal for all the latest updates.