CIM 2018 Convention
Vancouver Convention Centre
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hatch is a sponsor and presenter at the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum’s (CIM) 2018 Convention held at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The CIM 2018 Convention features 3 full days of technical presentations divided into innovative themes ranging from finance and management in the mining industry, to diversity and inclusion. This year’s theme of thinking differently will focus on the mining industry’s challenges, best practices, and innovative insights.
Hatch is a proud co-sponsor of the "Students and Emerging Leaders" program, including the following events: the Emerging Leaders Forum, the First Time Attendee and VIP Reception, the Young Mining Professionals' Breakfast and the Student-Industry Networking Luncheon.
We are also a co-sponsor of the Hatch-CIM Mining and Minerals Project Development Safety Award. The award was established in 2012 to recognize and reward safety programs that achieve above-average statistics, feature rigorous training, and have regular auditing. The 2018 Hatch–CIM Mining and Minerals Project Development Safety Award winner will be announced at the 2018 CIM Convention Award Gala. For more information about the 2018 CIM Awards, click here.
Hatch CEO John Bianchini is a plenary speaker at the Thinking Differently: A Modern Approach to Mining sessionon Monday, May 7 at 9:00 am PST in Ballroom C. Panelists will consider and debate six areas of planning and management as “above ground risks” in today’s mining projects: political risks, managing the resource cycle, the new exploration model, financing, government relations and social responsibility, and diversity.
Hatch will also be represented by the following speakers:
- Ted Knight will chair the Excellence in Maintenance Management session on Monday, May 7 beginning at 2:00 pm PST in Room 109.
- Babak Mofid and Hani Ghiabi will present Technical and Economic Analysis of Three Approaches for Construction of Mine Haulage Roads on Canadian Peatlands on Monday, May 7 at 2:25 pm PST in Room 110.
- Néstor Deza, Mehtab Gill and Adi Dhora will present Applying an Asset Management Approach to Mining Projects using Reliability Decision Making Tools to Sustain Operational Success on Monday, May 7 at 3:15 pm PST in Room 109.
- Doris Hiam-Galvez will present Biomore. An Alternative Mining Concept on Tuesday, May 8 at 9:20 am PST in Room 122.
- Katherine van Nes will present Digital Operation Management System: The First Step Towards Digital Transformation on Tuesday, May 8 at 10:30 am PST in Room 118.
- Rafael Dávila will present Economics around Tailings Design at the Scoping Level Phase on Wednesday, May 9 at 11:15 am PST in Room 119.
- Robert Duinker will moderate the panel session The Next Big Changes on Wednesday, May 9 at 3:30 pm PST in Room 119.
Follow @HatchGlobal on Twitter. For more information on the event, visit CIM 2018.