CIM 2018 Convention
Vancouver Convention Centre
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hatch is a sponsor and presenter at the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum’s (CIM) 2018 Convention held at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The CIM 2018 Convention features three full days of technical presentations divided into innovative themes ranging from finance and management in the mining industry, to diversity and inclusion. This year’s theme of thinking differently will focus on the mining industry’s challenges, best practices, and innovative insights.
Hatch is a proud co-sponsor of the "Students and Emerging Leaders" program. On Sunday, May 6, Bruce MacKay, Regional Managing Director, Western North America, will present at the Early Career Forum. Hatch CEO John Bianchini will present at the Student-Industry Networking Luncheon on Tuesday, May 8.
John Bianchini is also a plenary speaker at the Thinking Differently: A Modern Approach to Mining panel discussion on Monday, May 7. Panelists will consider and debate six areas of planning and management as “above ground risks” in today’s mining projects: political risks, managing the resource cycle, the new exploration model, financing, government relations and social responsibility, and diversity.
The Hatch-CIM Mining and Minerals Project Development Safety Award winner will be announced at the 2018 CIM Convention Award Gala on Monday evening. The award was established in 2012 to recognize and reward safety programs that achieve above-average statistics, feature rigorous training, and have regular auditing. For more information, click here.
Hatch will be represented by the following speakers at CIM:
Sunday, May 6:
- Bruce MacKay will present at the Early Career Forum at 12:00 p.m. PST in Salon 121.
Monday, May 7:
- Hatch CEO John Bianchini is a plenary speaker at the Thinking Differently: A Modern Approach to Mining session at 9:00 a.m. PST in Ballroom C.
- Ted Knight will chair the Excellence in Maintenance Management session beginning at 2:00 p.m. PST in Room 109.
- Babak Mofid will present Technical and Economic Analysis of Three Approaches for Construction of Mine Haulage Roads on Canadian Peatlands at 2:25 p.m. PST in Room 110.
- Néstor Deza will present Applying an Asset Management Approach to Mining Projects using Reliability Decision Making Tools to Sustain Operational Success at 3:15 p.m. PST in Room 109.
Tuesday, May 8:
- Doris Hiam-Galvez will present An Alternative Mining Concept at 9:20 a.m. PST in Room 122.
- Katherine van Nes will present Digital Operation Management System: The First Step Towards Digital Transformation at 10:30 a.m. PST in Room 118.
- John Bianchini will present at the Student-Industry Networking Luncheon at 12:00 p.m. PST in Salon 211.
Wednesday, May 9:
- Rafael Dávila will present Economics around Tailings Design at the Scoping Level Phase at 11:15 a.m. PST in Room 119.
- Robert Duinker will moderate the panel session The Next Big Changes at 3:30 p.m. PST in Room 119.