hours with 0 LTIs
in cost savings
- Expand the existing Tasiast gold mine to 38,000 tonnes per day (tpd) by constructing a new process facility, workforce accommodations, water pipeline, power station, water treatment, and distribution system.
- With heat, winds, and dust storms, delivering materials and equipment to the site needed special logistics.
- Examine a range of different processing technologies and plant capacities, considering trade-offs.
- Phase 1 included designing and constructing infrastructure to support existing operations and a potential expansion.
- Studies determined that a single new 38,000 tpd process plant would be optimal economically.
- We provided EPCM for accommodations for a 3,500-person workforce, a 60 km water-supply pipeline, water treatment facilities, power plant, and truck shop.
- Received the 2013 Kinross Safety Award
- The project team included a multinational construction labor-force from Mauritania and regional countries
- Savings of almost US$400 million realized during the feasibility study
What's your challenge?
Amursk Pressure Oxidation (POX) Hub Expansion Project
Amursk, Khabarovsk Krai, Russian Federation
Gold mine in Western Australia
DST Demonstration Plant
Meadowbank Gold Project
Pueblo Viejo – Pressure Oxidation & Air Separation Project
Ma’aden Bulghah Gold Project