Up to 2,350 mm wide
transfer bars accommodated
Up to 45 mm thick
transfer bars handled
Coilbox™ thread speed
designed for over 4.0 m/s
- NKMZ is an original equipment manufacturer for the steel industry and other heavy industries.
- Working with the OEM, Hatch designed the Coilbox™ required for the upgrade of a Russian hot strip mill to expand the product mix at its plant in Kramatorsk, Donetsk Region, Ukraine.
- A wide Coilbox™ needed to be designed to handle heavy transfer bars up to 45 tonnes, coils up to 45 mm thick, and coils up to 2,350 mm wide.
- A custom-designed Coilbox™ was provided to handle the demanding transfer bars at high processing speeds.
- Advanced 3D modeling and design tools were used to address the additional loading demands.
- In addition to mechanical design, the design and supply of Coilbox™ motors, AC drives, control panels, operator desk, programming of the controller and human-machine interface were provided.
- Our engineering team worked efficiently with the Ukrainian equipment manufacturers and the Russian end-user to meet the higher requirements of the mill process and manufacturing schedule.
- The Coilbox™ was designed for one of highest Coilbox™-mill-production rates of 5.5 mtpy.
- The Coilbox™ was able to handle transfer-bar widths of 1,000 mm to 2,350 mm and a maximum coil mass of 45 tonnes.
What's your challenge?
Anling 1700 mm Coilbox™
Zaporizshstal 1680 mm Coilbox™
US Steel Mon Valley Works FFF System