20 new transit nodes connecting the City from north to south
Strategy for key network nodes, land-use modeling, and zoning
12+ prime opportunities for medium-to-high-density mixed-use TOD
- Following our business-case analysis and ancillary revenue research, the City is investigating TOD along the new Green Line Light Rail Transit (LRT) corridor.
- It's further investigating financial tools, including public-private partnerships, to deliver social infrastructure on large TOD sites.
- These social infrastructure elements, like parks and pathways, are crucial to making large development sites around transit vibrant, pedestrian-friendly, and inclusive.
- Simultaneously, the City sought Hatch's advice on engaging capital and developer markets to identify incentives that would make development opportunities most attractive.
- Hatch analyzed development potential, ridership, and community-evolution patterns to produce an optimal go-to-market sales strategy for city-owned land parcels along the Green Line.
- The best financing structures for delivering infrastructure assets integrated with TOD were recommended on a site-specific basis.
- An investment structure was developed for the City that maximizes its land-value-capture opportunities.
- Funding of social infrastructure (i.e., parks and pathways) around priority nodes was identified as a prime objective of TOD.
- A market-sounding exercise was organized to help national and regional developers understand the trade-offs necessary to catalyze development and test financial structures for delivering social infrastructure cost-effectively.
- A key set of considerations was outlined that the City could use to accelerate development on a site-specific basis.
- A full hedonic model was made using parcel data to establish a market context and development strategy.
How we can help you
If you have a problem that needs to be solved, please get in touch.
Technical Advisor for Electric Bus and Infrastructure Loans
York, Ontario, Canada
MaineDOT Bus Electrification Project
Caltrain Modernization Project
San Carlos, CA, USA