First cable bridge in Ontario highway system
Increased, smoother, traffic flow
Expanded bridge capacity
Strengthened tourism and the economy of Northern Ontario
- Complete the work safely and thoroughly while meeting an accelerated construction schedule.
- Expand and upgrade this vital link for ground traffic, especially trade-related transport, between Western and Eastern Canada.
- Reconstruct the Highway 11 intersection and undertake miscellaneous works to ensure the maximum benefit can be derived from the new bridge.
- Provide construction contract administration for the duration of construction work.
- A critical link between Eastern and Western Canada on the Trans-Canada highway is being protected.
- To condense the construction schedule, the tower units are being precast and post-tensioned.
- Precast deck panels are being used.
- Environmental monitoring is being conducted to ensure the upstream brook-trout-spawning areas are not impacted.
What's your challenge?
Highway 17 Noise Impact Assessment
Hewitson Creek, Ontario
Centerm Expansion Project
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Tłı̨chǫ All Season Road
Near Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Kingston Third Crossing (Waaban Crossing)
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Three Chain Road project
Réseau express métropolitain
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Tugela River Pedestrian Bridge
Rehabilitation of National Route 7 (TR11/1)
Western Cape, South Africa
Sandton Rea Vaya Bus Rapid Transit Bridge
East Harbour Transit Hub
Port Mann/Highway 1
Highway 404 Extension