Recovered an additional 104 million barrels of incremental oil
Project will extend life of the facility by 25 years
EOR incremental production for Weyburn: 15,000 bbl/day
- Build largest CO2 flood operation in Canada
- Unprecedented technology with no regulatory framework in place
- Long project payout period
- Provided EPCM services for the installation of all surface facilities for the original Weyburn CO2 miscible flood.
- Original surface facilities at the Central Process Unit included inlet separation, FWKO’s, two 6000-HP CO2 recycle compressors, CO2 dehydration, produced water injection, and 55 km of high-pressure CO2 distribution pipelines.
- Expansion and upgrading projects included installation of a two-stage 17,500 HP CO2 recycle compressors, two CO2 dehydration facilities sized for 5,000 t/day of recycled CO2, 530 m3/hr water injection pump, new transformer, a 30,000 bbl water storage tank with booster pumps, and upgrades to FWKO system.
- Field facilities included all production/injection satellites, and production/injection pipelines.
- Proved technical and economic feasibility of carbon storage in geological formations
- Proved CO2 injection as a viable method for Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR)
- Provided $3.5 billion in added value to the provincial economy
Project numbersProjected to store 45 million net tonnes of CO2 over the project life
6000 t/d of CO2 injection, 1.8 Mt/yr of CO2 injection (equivalent to 600,000 cars off the road for a year)
How we can help you
If you have a problem that needs to be solved, please get in touch.