coal-fired power station
during the maintenance outage
Peak workforce of 372
people during the maintenance outage
- Our client was required to undertake mandatory maintenance outages for their coal-fired power plant to comply with legislative requirements for inspection of the boiler pressure parts (AS 3788).
- The outage provided an opportunity to conduct repairs that required the plant to be offline for an extended period of time.
- There was a comprehensive work scope, which included repairs and inspection of the boilers, steam turbine, balance of plant, electrical systems, and upgrade of the steam turbine governor controls.
- The outage was required to be completed quickly to minimize downtime while simultaneously maintaining stringent quality and safety standards.
- Together with our client’s management and sustaining maintenance delivery organization, we formed an integrated team to oversee the maintenance outage.
- Detailing scoping, engineering, and preparation of specifications for various work packages for the maintenance outage were developed by Hatch.
- The integrated team was responsible for the development of a detailed project schedule, tracking and forecasting performance, and cost control.
- During the maintenance outage, continuous safety and quality management, which included safety performance reporting and contractor auditing, was used by the integrated team.
- From start-up, the plant achieved full capacity according to plan, with optimum reliability.
- The maintenance outage was completed on time, with zero LTIs.
- This proven delivery model has been implemented during multiple outages at this power station for the same client.
What's your challenge?
Rosslyn Brewery Cogeneration Plant
SunCoke South Shore Project
Al Taweelah Alumina power and steam integration
United Arab Emirates
Karabiga Power Plant
Al Taweelah alumina refinery
United Arab Emirates (UAE)