Hatch, a member of the delivery team for the ONxpress Transportation Partners consortium, selected as partner for GO Rail Expansion - On-Corridor Works
Mississauga, Canada — Hatch is excited to announce that ONxpress has been selected to deliver the largest commuter rail project for Greater Toronto and the Hamilton region – the Metrolinx GO Rail Expansion - On-Corridor.
This monumental program, Canada’s most significant transportation investment, will include network electrification, new electric vehicles, more frequent service, shorter journey times, and a more modernized system for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Region.
The ONxpress consortium includes leading Canadian and international companies with the expertise to deliver a complex regional rail project. Hatch will be part of the delivery team responsible for designing, building, operating, and maintaining all GO Rail infrastructure and trains for 25 years.
“The GO Rail Expansion On-Corridor project is unparalleled in scale and complexity, and Hatch is uniquely positioned to answer the call,” said Eric Cone, Global Director, Transit. “Not only do we have a long-standing and trusted relationship with Metrolinx, but we also bring to the table our exceptional, diverse teams’ vast knowledge and experience in train service planning, track, civil infrastructure, signalling, electrification and rail vehicles, as well as the operations and maintenance.”
Dominic DiBrito, Managing Director, Transit, agreed.
“This project is truly transformational for our valued client, their stakeholders, and Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area,” said DiBrito. “We are thrilled to be part of the world-class ONxpress team, and look forward to playing a key role in the delivery of a safe, sustainable, and resilient system.”
The ONxpress consortium consists of:
- Applicant Lead: Aecon Concessions, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc., ALSTOM Holdings SA, FCC Construccion S.A., Deutsche Bahn International Operations GmbH.
- Systems and Integration Team: ALSTOM Transport Canada Inc.
- Construction, Design and Engineering Team: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., ALSTOM Transport Canada Inc., FCC Construccion S.A., Hatch, WSP Canada Inc.
- Fixed Infrastructure Maintenance Team: Deutsche Bahn International Operations GmbH, Aecon O&M, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
- Operator Team: Deutsche Bahn International Operations GmbH, Aecon O&M, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
For more information, please contact:
Global Director, Public Relations
Tel: +1 905 403 4199
Whatever our clients envision, our engineers can design and build. With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we know your business and understand that your challenges are changing rapidly. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Find out more on www.hatch.com.