CIM Virtual Convention Expo 2021
We are sponsors and presenters at the virtual Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum's (CIM) Virtual Convention & Expo from May 3 to 6, 2021. The CIM EXPO is Canada's premier mining trade show exploring solutions to industry challenges.
Just ahead of the conference, CIM will announce the winner of the Hatch–CIM Mining and Minerals Project Development Safety Award at the CIM-Caterpillar Celebration of Excellence on April 29. This award focuses on the safety culture and results at the mine and/or processing plant and its infrastructure during the development and construction phases of a project. Click here to register for the virtual gala.
During the convention's technical program, beginning on May 3, we will be represented by the following presenters:
- Melanie Kahle, Global Simulation Practice Lead, is presenting Insights Generated from Dynamic Simulation of Pit-to-Port Value Chains on May 3 at 10:00 a.m. EDT
- Co-authors: Jean-François Boulet, Luisa Pritsch
- John Chen, Global Director, Procurement and Contract Management, is presenting Building supply chain resilience for mining projects and operations on May 4 at 12:30 p.m. EDT
- Michael Bobotis, Engineering Coordinator, Open Pit Mining North America, is presenting Identification of implementation pathways for zero emission surface haulage trucks to reduce Scope 1 GHG emissions on May 5 at 2:30 p.m. EDT
- Co-author: Gino De Villa
- Johan du Toit, Senior Principal, and Carmen Bracho, Analyst, are presenting Catastrophic Risk Management of Tailings Storage Facilities on May 6 at 2:30 p.m. EDT.
- Co-authors: Karl Pearce and Rafael Dávila
Throughout the conference, we are also co-sponsors of CIM’s Student Program—a virtual professional networking opportunity for the next generation of mining leaders. As part of this program, Joe Lombard, Global Managing Director, Metals, is presenting the keynote, Designing your life and career through goal setting, on May 3 at 2:30 p.m. EDT.
We will also be co-hosting the Future Careers in Mining session with our co-sponsor, Teck Resources, on May 4 at 2:40 p.m. EDT. This panel discussion will feature Hatch’s Julie Boulos, Process Engineer-in-Training, Pyrometallurgy. Other professionals from our mining and metallurgy business will be participating in networking and mentoring sessions with students as part of the unique virtual program.
Click here to learn more about CIM's 2021 program and join the conversation by using the hashtag #CIMVTL21.