TMS 2020 Annual Meeting & Exhibition
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society annual program
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, California, UnitedStates
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) will be hosting their annual meeting and exhibition from February 23-27, 2020 in San Diego, California, USA. The event will take place at both the San Diego Convention Center and the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina.
The TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition brings together over 4,000 engineers, scientists, business leaders, and other professionals in the minerals, metals, and materials fields for an in-depth, cross-disciplinary exchange of technical knowledge. TMS 2020 offers more than 85 symposia covering a broad range of topics related to minerals, metals, and materials science and engineering.
Hatch has a number of technical experts presenting at the TMS conference, as follows:
Sunday, February 23 (San Diego Convention Center)
- Stephan Broek, together with Prof. Dr. Harald Øye, will be an instructor of the Formation, Characterization and Treatment of Spent Potlining short course, beginning at 8:00 a.m. PST. This course will review in detail how spent potlining (SPL) is formed (chemistry), health and safety aspects, and how it is generated (removed from pots), transported (including under Basel convention), and processed. Register here.
Keynote and technical presentations:
Monday, February 24 (San Diego Convention Center)
- Joe Lombard will give the keynote presentation at the 2020 Light Metals session, Attracting and Growing the Next Generation of Technical Talent for the Light Metals Industry in Room 6D. The session will begin at 8:00 a.m. PST and Joe's keynote, "Talent Acquisition and Development from a Hatch Perspective", will begin at 10:25 a.m. PST.
- Anne Duncan will present the keynote, "The Alumina Technology Roadmap 4.0", at the Alumina and Bauxite—Bauxite, Impurities and Alternative Processes session beginning at 2:40 p.m. PST in Room 2.
- André Felipe Schneider will be the session chair of the Aluminum Reduction Technology—Modelling session, where he will also present his paper "Comparison Between Different Laminated Aluminum Busbars Expansion Joints in Terms of Mechanical Performance and Relative Costs" at 2:35 p.m. PST in Room 6D.
- Derek Santangelo is an invited speaker who will present "Invited Trends in Carbon Anode Production" and participate in the panel discussion at the Electrode Technology for Aluminum Production—Carbon Anode Development and Production—Where is the Cutting Edge? session at 2:30 p.m. PST in Room 3.
Tuesday, February 25 (San Diego Convention Center)
Stephan Broek will participate in the session "Electrode Technology for Aluminum Production: Spent Pot Lining (SPL)". This is a joint session with the Aluminum Reduction Technology Symposium. The session will be held in Room 3.
- Stephan Broek and Dr. Harald Øye present "Overview of Industrial and Commercial SPL Processes” at 4:05 p.m. PST. This will be followed by a panel discussion.
Thursday, February 27 (San Diego Convention Center)
- Stephan Broek will present "Update on SO2 Scrubbing Applied in Primary Aluminium Smelters" at 10:30 a.m. PST.
- Julie Dontigny will present "Optimization of a Gas Treatment Center Equipped with Extended Surface Bag Filters" at 10:50 a.m. PST.
For more information regarding this event, please click here.
For the latest updates follow @HatchGlobal on Twitter.