Africa Accelerating 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hatch is proud to sponsor and present at the Africa Accelerating 2018 Summit, in Toronto.
The seminar will feature sessions on water power development, a case study on the Kariba Hydroelectric facility in Zimbabwe, a panel discussion on centralized generation versus distributed generation (including wind and solar), financing power projects, competing with China, and opportunities for Canadian OEM’s in Africa.
October 24, 2018:
- 9:30 a.m. - "Welcome" with Jim Sarvinis, Managing Director, Power
- 10:15 a.m. - "Water Power Development: Social & economic benefits beyond electricity" with Susan McGeachie, Global Director, Climate Change and Sustainability
- 11:05 a.m. - "Case Study: ZPC Zimbabwe - Expansion of Kariba Hydroelectric Facility" with Marie-Helene Briand, Global Director, Water Power
- 11:30 a.m. - "Panel Discussion 1: Centralized/Large-scale Generation vs. Distributed/Small-scale Generation – How do each best contribute to further powering Africa?" with Bob Griesbach, Director, Energy Consulting, and Carole Barbeau, Global Director, eGRID
- 1:45 p.m. - "Panel Discussion 2: Can Canadian OEM’s compete in the African Market, or has China conquered the Continent? How Canadian financing can help" with Ashrith Domun, Engineer (moderator), and Marie-Helene Briand, Global Director, Water Power
Follow @HatchGlobal on Twitter. For more information on the event, visit https://canadaafrica.ca/africa-accelerating-october-23-25-2018