2018 North American Tunneling Conference
Marriott Wardman Park
Washington, D.C., UnitedStates
With more than 1,000 attendees, the North American Tunneling Conference is the premier biennial tunneling event focused developments, innovations, issues and trends affecting the underground construction and tunneling industry.
Eight Hatch experts will be present to share their experiences and research on the current North American tunneling industry.
Monday, June 25th:
- 9:30 a.m. Design Track Session: Resiliency by Jean Habimana on " In-Situ Fire Test for the Design of Passive Protection for the Lafontaine Tunnel"
Tuesday, June 26th:
- 8:30 a.m. Design Track Session: Rock Tunneling by Jean Habimana and Benoit Rioux on "Design and Construction Considerations for Atwater Intake and Conveyance Tunnel in Montreal"
- 8:30 a.m. Technology Track Session: TBM technology 1 by Dan Ifrim and Derek Zoldy on "TBM Procurement - Owner's Dilemma"
- 1:30 p.m. Planning Track Session: Project Delivery Transit & Highways by Jean Habimana and Giovanni Osellame on "Subsurface Investigations, Design and Construction Considerations for the Montreal Transportation Agency Côte-Vertu Underground Storage and Maintenance Garage"
- 1:30 p.m. Planning Track Session: Project Delivery Transit & Highways by Matthew Geary and Tomas Gregor on "The Scarborough Subway Extension (SSE) - Large Single Bore Transit Tunneling in Toronto"
Wednesday, June 27th:
- 8:30 a.m. Design Track Session: Project Concrete Tunnel Linings by Jimmy Susetyo, Michael Dutton and Tomas Gregor on "Designing Reinforcement for Precast Concrete Tunnel Lining Segments"