Dap and Phosphoric Acid Plant Improvements
Arab Fertilizer Association (AFA) 24th International Fertilizer Conference and Exhibition, Amman Jordan. Presented November 23, 2011
AbstractA selection of attractive modifications are described, based on successful projects.
DAP innovations include:
- Dual Mole Reactor-Granulator Acid Scrubbing
- BFL Vaporizer/Scrubber - Vaporizes all ammonia with free heat from air leaving the reactor-granulator acid scrubber. This unit provides a 3rd stage of scrubbing – potentially eliminating need for any tail-gas scrubber.
- Product Screen Diverter Systems – easy capacity increase
- Automated Recycle Control - continuously monitors recycle particle size and adjusts process to keep size in mid-range.
- Dual diameter reactor (pre-neutralizer)
- Pipe Reactor
- Cooler Air Chiller
- Tran-Tech Product Cooler
- Conversion from Dihydrate to Hemi: Makes acid at 42% concentration vs. ~27%
- No need for most evaporation. Usually no rock grinding is needed.
- Conversion to Hemi-Di – similar benefits plus 98.5% recovery & clean gypsum
- Utilize gypsum – many ways to make gypsum an asset rather than liability
- Recover uranium – major investment with high profit potential
- Recover fluosilicic acid – high-purity grade for AlF3 feed
- A variety of profitable uses for phosphogypsum
- Advances in dry gypsum stacking
- Purify phosphoric acid to technical or food grade