Hatch is a proud sponsor and presenter at COM 2017 – Conference of Metallurgists held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Hosted by the Metallurgy and Materials Society of CIM (MetSoc), the 56th Annual Conference of Metallurgists will draw 800-1,000 international researchers and industry leaders. Among its many symposia, the conference will host the 7th World Gold and the 4th Nickel-Cobalt Conference.
Hatch professionals Lorena Tere and Shannon Hoekstra will receive the 2017 MetSoc Emerging Professional award at the MetSoc Gala banquet on Tuesday, August 29.
Hatch will have several experts sharing their expertise and experience as part of COM 2017, providing new and innovative research and case studies. Their presentations at COM 2017 are detailed below.
- 10:55 a.m., Mick Bunyard on “The Future Shape of Mineral Processing” in the Prince of Wales room, 3rd floor.
- 2:25 p.m., William McCombe on “Hydrogen Mitigation in the McClean Lake Uranium Leaching Circuit” in Plaza B, 2nd floor.
- 2:50 p.m., Daan Sauter on “Recent Developments in Dry Atomization and Heat Recovery” in the Prince of Wales room, 3rd floor.
- 3:40 p.m., Chris McGuire on “Exploring Potential for Ventilation Cost Savings Using Localized Diesel Haul Truck Operating Power Reduction” in the Prince of Wales room, 3rd floor.
- 11:20 a.m., Daan Sauter on “Dry Atomization of Nickel Laterite Slag” in Regency A, 3rd floor.
- 8:50 a.m., Maher Al-Dojayli on “Design-by-Analysis of Water-Cooled Gas Handling Ducts” in Regency A, 3rd floor.
- 10:05 a.m., Dr. Chris Twigge-Molecey on “Disruptive, Sustaining and Efficiency Innovations” in Regency DEF, 3rd floor.
- 10:30 a.m., Brycklin Wilson on “Proactive Corrosion Management and Monitoring Techniques to Improve Operations and Maintenance Strategies” in the Seymour room, 34th floor.
Follow @HatchGlobal and @AnnualCOM on Twitter. For more information on the event, visit http://web.cim.org/com2017/