The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society's 2017 Conference
The new operational landscape: sustainability and profitability
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, California, United States
The operational landscape has changed. There’s a slowdown in China, an oversupply of commodities, and global economic uncertainty. New fronts, like the push for cleaner, sustainable resources and the emergence of digital technologies, are causing the world in which you operate to evolve in new and vastly different ways.
At this year's TMS conference, eight Hatch experts will be sharing information and viewpoints about meeting 21st century challenges—sustainably and profitably. From debottlenecking to innovation, asset management, and performance enhancement, we're here to help.
Catch one of these presentations or follow up with a Hatch expert at TMS 2017:
Sunday, February 26:
- 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Stephan Broek teaches a short course on “Managing sulfur in cokes, anodes, and smelter potline exhaust gases” as part of the professional development program.
Monday, February 27:
- 11:40 a.m. Daan Sauter on “Metals and mattes air atomization: a new method to increase productivity” in room 18.
- 4:05 p.m. Kamal Adham on ”Debottlenecking high temperature metallurgical plants through modeling and simulation” in room 18.
Tuesday, February 28:
- 8:30 a.m. – 10:40 a.m. Stephan Broek chairs "Aluminum reduction technology – joint session on cell lining materials” in room 2.
Wednesday, March 1:
- 9:50 am Stephan Broek on “Predictive formulae for the competitive adsorption of HF and SO2 on smelter grade alumina used in dry scrubbing applications” in room 2.
- 4:50 p.m. Andre Schneider on the “Retrofit of damaged corner risers by means of bolted connections” in room 2.
- 2:30 p.m. Jonathan Brehin-Reichelson on “Hexapod fleet migration in order to upgrade to AP40LE technology” in room 1B.
- 2:55 p.m. James Anson on “The impact of increased anode size and amperage creep on anode management” in room 1B.
Thursday, March 2:
- 8:40 a.m. Jennifer Woloshyn on “Overpressure due to a molten aluminum and water explosion in a casthouse” in room 1A.
- 9:30 a.m. Valerie Langelier on “Radio frequency identification (RFID) technology for the aluminum industry" in room 1A.
- 10:35 a.m. Maher Al-Dojayli on “Structural integrity assessment of pressurized ladles for aluminum smelting” in room 1A.